Planed square edge PAR timber in set sizes
At Timbersource we have a variety of smooth planed square edge timber for joinery and building projects. It can be used for either interior or exterior woodwork projects for the trade and DIY. These timbers are sold as a set size wood option to give you the most economical thicknesses and standard widths and lengths. These off-the-shelf wood options are great for furniture making, interior decor, outdoor benches, shelving, cabinet making, decking, wall panelling. All timber is high quality and machined, delivered to your door and ready to work with.
If you require any support or advice on these products or wish to discuss your project with our experts please get in touch get in touch by calling +441373469905 or email us on email@example.com
Scandinavian Redwood Pine Unsorted Grade
American Poplar Smooth Planed Square Edged
Sapele Smooth Planed Square Edged
American Ash Smooth Planed Square Edged
European Oak Smooth Planed Square Edged
West African Iroko Smooth Planed Square Edged
What is PAR wood?
Planed All Round otherwise known as PAR or PSE (Planed Square Edge) Is machined so that the four surfaces and edges will be planed to a smooth surface and uniform thickness. If planed is preferable for you, simply ‘request’ it as part of your timber order, and the sizes after planing.
Why do you need to plane timber?
- Sawn timber from sawmills is rarely perfectly straight - PAR will make it straight
- The sawmills only plank timber roughly from the tree and remove the waney edge - PAR will make it parallel
- Square edged parallel timber is essential for jointing together on the sides or corners to avoid gaps or irregular angles
- Taking off the rough surface will reveal any imperfections, splits, character, knots, holes - PAR will highlight any of these
- Planing the rough surface makes the timber smooth and ready for sanding
- You can't paint or stain rough sawn timber effectively
- Planing makes timber suitable for shelving, homemade furniture and flooring as well as a vast range of other products
Do I have to buy the full piece of wood?
At most timber merchants you have to buy the full board! At Timbersource we are proud to say you dont have to, and why should you! We have a firm belief that timber shouldnt be wasted and we have a strict no waste policy. Therefore we dont want you to buy more than you need and waste it. Big statement I know, but we have a short sections rack that we save the offcuts for customers that work with small pieces like furniture and toy makers etc. That is why we can sell you what you need for less!
So in short you only buy what you need!
How can I buy planed timber?
If you would like to buy your timber smooth, square edged and regular to a set size Timbersource has got you covered. Buying your timber planed all round (PAR) is easy and can be done in a few simple steps.
Enter the timber type
Input the finished sizes you want - Thickness and width in millimetres and length in metres
Select PAR (planed all round) in the 'choose option' section below the timber type
Choose yes or no for cut to length - This means cut exact to length
Enter a delivery postcode to calculate the price
Choose the date for delivery